Dang – another filler episode. Quite a few loose ends were tied up – now we have to be moving on to the good stuff, right?
Thoughts on Episode Two:
*Stormin’ Mormon =SM, Tommy Nuggets = TN, Buzz = B
- Daenarys is a B and weird for caring more about the throne than nagging her cousin (aunt?).
- Tormund and Brienne deserve each-other.
- Never again Arya. (I think the nude stuff made SM uncomfortable).
- What’s to think about? I nailed everything!
- Quite a few story arcs were wrapped up in this episode.
- We didn’t see the following characters at all – Cersei, Euron, Yara, Bronn, and The Night King.
- Jon did a good job explaining his bloodline to Daenarys. She had a very rational take – how does she know that his brother and best friend are telling the truth?
- Daenarys is obsessed with getting the throne.
- Sansa is working on a backup plan incase Jon and Daenarys blow it.
- The Brienne story is exhausted now that she is knighted.
- They mentioned that the crypts are the safest place in Winterfell way too often this episode.
Episode 3 Predictions
- Night King is not at Winterfell – he is going to take out the Golden Company and make them slaves.
- The Night King speaks in this episode.
- Cersei has to go ask The North for help.
- The Dead rise in the crypts of Winterfell.
- The good guys win, but barely and it’s very costly (almost decimated).
- The Night King flies to King’s Landing to create another army.
- Deaths: Breinne, Podrick, Beric, Ed, Theon, and Jorah
- The Night King is going to the Crypts first, he is going to raise the dead down there and infiltrate Winterfell that way.
- Theon redeems himself by protecting Bran.
- Jamie dies, sacrificing himself for Brienne.
- Other deaths: The Hound, Eye Patch Guy, Tormund, Podrick, Davos, Gilly, Jorah, and Lyanna.
- Bronn arrives in Winterfell, just in time to save Tyrion.
How We Fared With Last Week’s Predictions
SM: 0 – 3
- Jon does not tell Daenarys about their actual relationship. WRONG
- They kick Jamie out of Winterfell and don’t let him help. WRONG
- Jamie turns into the new Hodor as he pays his debt to Bran. Undecided
- One or some of the Dudes who were at Last Hearth get caught by the Night King and are held hostage – but not turned. WRONG
- Cersei is not pregnant. Undecided
- We hear the Night King Talk. Undecided
TN: 7 – 0
- Jon reveals who he is to Daenarys. CORRECT
- No key deaths this week. CORRECT
- Brienne gets “Knighted”. CORRECT
- Ghost makes an appearance. CORRECT
- Theon arrives in Winterfell. CORRECT
- Jamie is accepted in Winterfell after Brienne vouches for him. CORRECT
- The episode is a major lead-up to Episode 3. CORRECT
B: 0 – 1
- Jamie is about to get kicked out of Winterfell – Bran is able to convince everyone to let him stay. Not Quite
- Jon does not tell Daenarys about his true identity. WRONG