The 2019 NFL draft takes place Thursday night in Nashville, TN. I have done my research, kind of. Let’s be honest, I have quite a bit of experience playing Madden. I am a dominant GM in that game.
Here is how I think things will play out in the 2019 NFL Draft on Thursday night:
Draft Day Trades
- The Oakland Raiders trade (1 – 4) and (1 – 24) and a 2020 3rd round pick to the Arizona Cardinals for (1 -1)
- The Arizona Cardinals trade Josh Rosen to the Washington Redskins for (1 – 15)
- The Oakland Raiders trade Derek Carr to the Miami Dolphins for (1 – 13)
- The New York Giants trade (2 – 37) and a 2020 2nd round pick to the Los Angeles Chargers for (1 – 28)
- The San Francisco 49ers trade (2 – 36) and a 2020 3rd round pick to the Green Bay Packers for (1 – 30)
1. Oakland Raiders (from Arizona Cardinals) – Kyler Murray – QB – Oklahoma
The Raiders have the picks to move up to #1. I am not convinced that Derek Carr is the guy Gruden wants to lead his team with for the next 9 years of his contract. With a move like this – Gruden can get the top QB in this class and grow with him over the years.
2. San Francisco 49ers – Nick Bosa – EDGE – Ohio State
Boring and obvious. The 49ers get the top player in the draft.
3. New York Jets – Quinnen Williams – DT – Alabama
Seems pretty Jets-y. Should be a dominant force on the D-line.
4. Arizona Cardinals (from Oakland Raiders) – Dwayne Haskins – QB – Ohio State
This is where things go wild. The Cardinals have been hot on Haskins this whole time. They are able to trade down, get a few more picks to work with, and get their top QB prospect. Kingsbury gets his QB to grow with – just like Gruden a few picks earlier.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Josh Allen – EDGE – Kentucky
Great talent. He goes to disappear in Tampa Bay for a few years.
6. New York Giants – Montez Sweat – EDGE – Mississippi State
What an incredible name this guy has. The Giants do not seem to have the slightest clue what direction they are going. They are attracted to this guy’s combine numbers and take him without much of a plan.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Jawaan Taylor – OL – Florida
They need a lineman, right?
8. Detroit Lions – Devin White – ILB – LSU
The top inside-backer talent in the draft.
9. Buffalo Bills – Ed Oliver – DT – Houston
Replaces the DT from last year that got the big send off…something Williams.
10. Denver Broncos – Rashan Gary – DE – Michigan
Denver isn’t sold on any of the QBs this year. They continue to build a dominant force on the defensive side.
11. Cincinnati Bengals – Devin Bush – LB – Michigan
Two Michigan players drafted back-to-back? Sure.
12. Green Bay Packers – T.J. Hockenson – TE – Iowa
This seems like a very Green Bay move. Aaron Rodgers needs another white guy to throw to. (I think this guy is white based on his name. I can not confirm.)
13. Oakland Raiders (from Miami Dolphins) – Jonah Williams – OL – Alabama
A solid guy on the OL to go with that new rookie quarterback.
14. Atlanta Falcons – Brian Burns – EDGE – Florida State
Sure, why not?
15. Arizona Cardinals (from Washington Redskins) – Cody Ford – OL – Oklahoma
Same idea as what they Raiders are doing, just a few picks later. Their line was so bad last year that they have to take a lineman here.
16. Carolina Panthers – Clelin Ferrel – EDGE – Clemson
17. New York Giants (from Cleveland Browns) – D.K. Metcalf – WR – Ole Miss
The Giants once again go for the combine flash. They replace Odell with the pick they traded him for.
18. Minnesota Vikings – Andre Dillard – OL – Washington State
More protection for Kirk Cousins – even though he is trash.
19. Tennessee Titans – Christian Wilkins – DL – Clemson
The Clemson D-line was great, here goes another one.
20. Pittsburgh Steelers – A.J. Brown – WR – Ole Miss
Antonio Brown’s replacement. The Steelers take this guy and immediately assign him the #84 – Steelers fans go wild.
21. Seattle Seahawks – Dexter Lawrence – DL – Clemson
Hey, another Clemson guy!
22. Baltimore Ravens – Garrett Bradbury – OL – NC State
Seems like a draft pick that would get drafted here to this team.
23. Houston Texans – Greedy Williams – CB – LSU
24. Arizona Cardinals (from Oakland Raiders (from Chicago Bears)) – Noah Fant – TE – Iowa
A solid check down option for Dwayne Haskins to throw to.
25. Philadelphia Eagles – Byron Murphy – CB – Washington
26. Indianapolis Colts – Jeffrey Simmons – DL – Mississippi State
I did not do much research and have not heard of this guy before – I don’t have much to say at this point.
27. Oakland Raiders (from Dallas Cowboys) – Josh Jacobs – RB – Alabama
Marshawn is getting old and to be honest I am unsure if he is still on the team. Jacobs is the top RB in this class and Gruden gets a workhorse in his backfield.
28. New York Giants (from Los Angeles Chargers) – Drew Lock – QB – Missouri
The Giants trade back into the first round and FINALLY get an actual Eli replacement.
29. Seattle Seahawks (from Kansas City Chiefs) – Jerry Tillery – DT – Notre Dame
He ran a 4.93 40-yard dash. I ran a 4.98 40-yard dash as a D3 Runningback my freshman year.
30. San Francisco 49ers (from Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans Saints) – Marquise Brown – WR – Oklahoma
The 49ers missed out on trading for two superstar WRs this offseason. They go get Kyler’s favorite weapon from Oklahoma.
31. Los Angeles Rams – Kaleb McGery – OL – Washington
A solid OT from a Pac-12 school. I guess this works here.
32. New England Patriots – Daniel Jones – QB – Duke
The Raiders, Cardinals, and Giants all immediately question if they drafted the wrong guy. The Pats draft another Brady replacement.
I will compare how I fare against the big time NFL draft experts. Do I have what it takes to dominate Kiper and McShay?