YAAAS QUEEN! WE ARE FINALLY MOVING THIS PLOT ALONG!
I was very excited for this episode and it did not disappoint. I had a hard time seeing things – I am not sure if that was intentional or if the TV at my parent’s house doesn’t have the correct calibration.
Thoughts on Episode Three:
*Stormin’ Mormon =SM, Tommy Nuggets = TN, Buzz = B
- What the eff just happened?
- Night King went out quick
- What army are they going to fight with in King’s Landing?
- For sure thought Ned Stark was going to pop out when Sansa and Tyrion were hiding behind his tomb.
- Sam and Gilly literally have no point for me anymore.
- No way in hell Sam should have survived.
- Arya is going to die now to inspire Jon and Sansa – she can’t kill both villains.
- Nine seasons of White Walkers ends on a sneak attack.
- Thought the Night King was going to kneel to Bran or something crazy.
- What have Bran’s powers really done for anyone at this point? Seems useless now.
- Arya done F’d shit up hard.
- “What do you say when you look death in the face…” – she’s going to kill the Night King.
- Gendry disappeared that episode.
- Good job by GOT for tricking everyone over the last 8 seasons into thinking that the Night King and the Wight Army were more than a diversion to the real issue…Cercei.
- Mass carnage at Winterfell and nobody truly important died.
- Where did Bran send those Ravens???
- The opening scene was awesome. You could feel the tension. When the Dothraki went off into the darkness and you saw their lights slowly disappear was incredible.
- I liked the idea of Theon going to protect Bran. However, it did not make sense to have archers guarding him on level ground in close range. They had a tree right there, maybe put archers in the tree?
- When the Night King showed up at the castle, and raised all of the dead in front of Jon, that was pretty epic.
- Theon attacking the Night King was a good way to show he got his “balls” back, but that was almost laughable to run at him from that far away with a spear.
- Is Theon not actually dead? “What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger”
- I was really surprised how many main characters survived this battle.
- It was awesome when Arya came jumping out of the darkness at the Night King, I said “Oh no!” out loud when he grabbed her neck, and I was relieved when she killed him.
- Rule of TV – something is only dead if you see it die. Dragons are fine.
Episode 4 Predictions
- Euron proposes.
- Other dragon not dead. (duh)
- Some army not part of the North comes to aid them.
- Bran wargs into someone in King’s Landing to get insider info.
- Deaths: Bron, Jamie, Podrick.
- Cercei killed by Jamie
- Jamie killed by the Mountain
- The Mountain killed by the Hound
- Daenarys will die eventually.
- Euron killed by Yara.
- Bron killed by Tyrion.
- Sansa and Tyrion (still married) become wardens of the North.
- Jon on the Iron Throne.
- Varys is Hand of the King.
- Arya and Gendry sail west together.
- Gery Worm and Missandre make it to Narth
- Brienne and Tormund get together!
- The Hound leaves to parts unknown.
- We are going to have another set-up episode.
- All the main characters at Winterfell will re-group.
- Cercei and Euron will begin to plan their attack.
- We will not get an explanation from Bran about the Night King.
- Arya will kill Cersei by the end.
- No more Starks will die.
How We Fared With Previous Predictions
SM: 0 – 6
- Jon does not tell Daenarys about their actual relationship. WRONG
- They kick Jamie out of Winterfell and don’t let him help. WRONG
- Jamie turns into the new Hodor as he pays his debt to Bran. Undecided
- One or some of the Dudes who were at Last Hearth get caught by the Night King and are held hostage – but not turned. WRONG
- Cersei is not pregnant. Undecided
- We hear the Night King Talk. WRONG
- Night King is not at Winterfell – he is going to take out the Golden Company and make them slaves. WRONG
- Cersei has to go ask The North for help. WRONG
TN: 13 – 3
- Jon reveals who he is to Daenarys. CORRECT
- No key deaths this week. CORRECT
- Brienne gets “Knighted”. CORRECT
- Ghost makes an appearance. CORRECT
- Theon arrives in Winterfell. CORRECT
- Jamie is accepted in Winterfell after Brienne vouches for him. CORRECT
- The episode is a major lead-up to Episode 3. CORRECT
- The Dead rise in the crypts of Winterfell. CORRECT
- The good guys win, but barely and it’s very costly (almost decimated). CORRECT
- The Night King flies to King’s Landing to create another army. WRONG
- Episode 3 Deaths: Breinne WRONG , Podrick WRONG, Beric CORRECT, Ed CORRECT, Theon CORRECT, and Jorah CORRECT
B: 3 – 8
- Jamie is about to get kicked out of Winterfell – Bran is able to convince everyone to let him stay. Not Quite
- Jon does not tell Daenarys about his true identity. WRONG
- The Night King is going to the Crypts first, he is going to raise the dead down there and infiltrate Winterfell that way. Not Quite
- Theon redeems himself by protecting Bran.
- Jamie dies, sacrificing himself for Brienne. WRONG
- Other deaths: The Hound WRONG, Eye Patch Guy CORRECT, Tormund WRONG, Podrick WRONG, Davos WRONG, Gilly WRONG, Jorah CORRECT, and Lyanna CORRECT.
- Bronn arrives in Winterfell, just in time to save Tyrion. WRONG