We had another solid weekend of college football. For me, the game that stood out was the #pac12afterdark showdown between Washington State and UCLA. Anthony Gordon somehow threw NINE touchdowns and lost.
Many contributors to Hefty Headlines were invited to participate in our Week 3 poll. Once again, we had five people respond…for the fourth week in a row:
Hefty Headlines Top 25 Poll : Week 3
The Clemson Tigers remain at the top of our poll for the fourth week in a row, while Georgia jumps up to #2 after their big win over #10 Notre Dame. Wisconsin made a huge jump, moving up eight spots to #7 in our poll. Our lone undefeated Pac 12 team is Cal at #15. Now that #23 UCF has a loss, #13 Boise State our highest ranked Group of Five team.
Others receiving votes: Wake Forest 8, USC 7, SMU 5, Army 4, Minnesota 3, Appalachian State 2, Mississippi State 2, BYU 1.
Week 4 Picks
If The CFP Happened Today…
It looks like I am the only voter that truly values what teams have done on the field. Everyone else clearly just regurgitates what the media is feeding them.
#1 Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Joe “Freakin” Burrow
- 1,520 YDS and 17 TD
- Can’t spell Burrow without TD
#2 Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma
- Still the man
#2 Anthony Gordon – QB – Washington State
- The next great Gardner Minshew II
- Pre-Season: Trevor Lawrence – QB – Clemson
- Week 1: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma
- Week 2: Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 3: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma AND Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
Final Week Three Thoughts
- Buzz: Sam Ehlinger and the Texas Longhorns were clutch in a few key situations to come away with that win against Oklahoma State. I was pulling for Notre Dame towards the end of their game at Georgia – even with a loss they still have a chance at a playoff spot later on.
- Chamby: #pac12afterdark
- Tommy Nuggets: Meh.
- Stormin’ Mormon: 2-2 through 4 games ain’t half bad for BYU.
- Klyde Frog: Pac-12 after dark never disappoints! Chip Kelly is a magician.
We have a pretty lame weekend of games coming up. Keep your fingers crossed for some upsets.