A new week deserves a new approach. It is always darkest before the dawn. Tomorrow, tomorrow, there’s always tomorrow. Tomorrow is a new day.
Without further ado – it is time to go down the rabbit hole and look ahead at this week in football.
On the season – I am down a significant amount, 33.81 units. I have a 61-90-2 record, which amounts to a 40.4% win rate.
I need a new approach. In the past I have thrown out endless picks, hoping more would be winners than not. Obviously, that was stupid. I enter the week with a new approach – I will only pick games in which I have some idea of what is going on.
Overall, I have no idea what I am doing. Anyways – here are my picks for the upcoming weekend in sports:
So far this season – I have a 28-36-1 record with college football. Last weekend I was 8-16 – sheesh.
Florida -6 @ South Carolina
- The Gators are coming off a close loss on the road at LSU. The Gamecocks are coming off a huge win on the road at Georgia. Florida will be looking to bounce back and have a statement game – the Gamecocks will still be riding high from last week – they will be unprepared for the Gators.
Wisconsin -31 @ Illinois
- Wisconsin is absolutely dominating lesser competition this year. I think they beat Illinois by at least 6 touchdowns.
Indiana @ Maryland +6
- Indiana is still Indiana. Maryland has shown signs of a solid offense – and they have cool uniforms.
LSU -18 @ Mississippi State
- The LSU offense has been unstoppable this year. Mississippi State didn’t show up against Tennessee last week – they have no shot against LSU.
Kentucky @ Georgia -25
- The Georgia Bulldogs will bounce back in a big way following their surprising loss to South Carolina. I think they are head and shoulders above Kentucky.
Tulane +4.5 @ Memphis
- Two 5-1 teams battle it out in this one. Tulane has been impressive so far this year – and they have great looking uniforms. I am taking Tulane and the points in this one.
I am 29-45-1 in NFL action this year. That is very bad. I feel like this may be the hardest sport to bet on.
Kansas City -3 @ Denver
- The Chiefs are coming off of a loss and a short week. I think they are ready to come out of their brief slump – Mahomes will be slingin’ the ball in this game.
San Francisco -10 @ Washington
- The 49ers have looked solid so far this season. The Redskins continue to be a dumpster fire – I have the 49ers winning by two TDs on the road in this one.
Philadelphia +3 @ Dallas
- The Cowboys have been in quite the slump – I think they continue to fall this week. The spotlight of Sunday Night Football and the points makes me want to go with the Eagles.
New England -10 @ New York Jets
- The Jets looked good last week, but the Patriots are the Patriots.
I don’t want to make any guarantees, but I think we are looking at a 10-0 week here. I would never tell anyone what to do with their money, however…