The Oklahoma Sooner football team fell this week to unranked Kansas State. In three consecutive weeks we have had an undefeated team lose to an unranked team.
Many contributors to Hefty Headlines were invited to participate in our Week 9 poll. EVERYONE participated:
Hefty Headlines Top 10 Poll: Week 9
The LSU Tigers remain our number 1 team in the nation. Ohio State jumped Alabama. Penn State and Florida round out our top five. Our biggest drop went to #10 Oklahoma, who fell six spots after their loss to unranked Kansas State.
Due to consistent bitching from our pollsters – we now will produce a weekly top ten, rather than a weekly top 25.
Week 10 Picks
If The CFP Happened Today…
- Buzz: This poll is kind of a wash until LSU plays Alabama and Penn State plays Ohio State. Clemson will likely snake their way in to this. There is an opportunity for Oregon or another SEC team to find their way into the final four. I’d really like to see what happens with an undefeated Baylor team and if they would get in.
- Tommy Nuggets: Ohio State looks unstoppable right now, but we‘ll see. Winner of LSU/Bama is in. Clemson is in, although their schedule is annoying. Toss up after that…
- Bix: Oklahoma’s disappointing loss might keep Jalen hurts from getting revenge against his former team. LSU or bama will get a loss and then only one into the SEC title.
- Chamby: No real thoughts. Michigan can spoil Ohio State in a couple weeks.
- Klyde Frog: The LSU-Alabama game will sort out the #1 seed. I hope the Pac-12 gets in this year.
- Buzz: Joe Burrow is the Heisman front-runner until LSU loses. Chase Young looked like the most dominant player in the country. JK Dobbins is the key to that Ohio State offense – he deserves more credit for the success of that team.
- Tommy Nuggets: Chase Young deserves it
- Stormin’ Mormon: Baylor Romney had his Heisman moments bs Boise. Watch out
- Bix: Tua needs to get healthy but if he wins out and keeps producing I think he wins. (I think Tua beats burrow ob 11/9)
- Chamby: If Oregon commits to Verdell, his numbers will be ridiculous. Stop using Dye and let Verdell be the dude.
- Klyde Frog: Joe Burrow has been so good he can have a down game and still stay up there. I have watched 1 drive of an Ohio State game so I have not seen Chase Young play. Jalen Hurts almost put up 500 yards of offense but still lost. Not his fault.
- Pre-Season: Trevor Lawrence – QB – Clemson
- Week 1: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma
- Week 2: Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 3: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma AND Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 4: Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 5: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma
- Week 6: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma
- Week 7: Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 8: Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
Final Week Nine Thoughts
- Buzz: Oklahoma got screwed on that onside kick. #8 was blocked into the kick – making it not an illegal touch. Would have like to have seen that one play out. Oregon comes away with an exciting win during #pac12afterdark. The Canes are working their way towards a bowl game this year.
- Tommy Nuggets: Big 12 is a joke!
- Bix: Oregon Squeaked our another one….chip and UCLA turning it around. 7 rushing TDs by QBs in the Oklahoma vs Kansas State matchup. Gotta be close to a record.
- Klyde Frog: Oregon should have lost. I enjoyed watching UCLA destroy ASU. Herm didn’t have an answer!
- Chamby: Go Ducks!
This weekend is decent – but I am looking forward to the following weekend. On November 9th we have Penn State @ Minnesota and LSU @ Alabama.