We lost another undefeated team for the fourth week in a row – the SMU Mustangs fell to the Memphis Tigers on Saturday night.
Many contributors to Hefty Headlines were invited to participate in our Week 9 poll. EVERYONE (except for Chamby) participated:
Hefty Headlines Top 10 Poll: Week 10
Our top three teams remained unchanged this week. Georgia and Oregon each found themselves tied for #4 after their big wins this weekend. There is some clear voting bias in our poll – Clemson and Penn State only showed up in 4/5 top tens – greatly impacting their rankings.
Week 11 Picks
If The CFP Happened Today…
- Pre-Season: Trevor Lawrence – QB – Clemson
- Week 1: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma
- Week 2: Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 3: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma AND Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 4: Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 5: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma
- Week 6: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma
- Week 7: Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 8: Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 9: Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
Final Week Nine Thoughts
- Buzz: Some bogus calls in the Georgia-Florida game – at least that is what my brother was screaming at the TV.
- Tommy Nuggets: Boring week
- Bix: Seasons over. UW sucks. Bring on 2020.
- Klyde Frog: UCLA is in prime position to win the Pac-12 South! And the Beavers have a really explosive offense. I don’t know if Arizona’s D Coordinator was the issue.
Penn State @ Minnesota and LSU @ Alabama. Do I need to say more than that to get you excited for this weekend?