Weird – if you stop eating garbage and exercise regularly, you get in better shape. Who would have thought?
I started this crusade against being fat on September 3rd. Today – November 20th – I am down just about 20 lbs.
Here is a list of things that weigh 20 lbs:
- A Wiener Dog
- Two Gallons of Paint
- Two Cats
- Three Bricks
- Four Chihuahuas
- Nine Liters of Water
Now those are some terms I can understand. A little over two months ago I was walking around with an extra Four Chihuahuas hanging off of me? Yikes.
It is time to re-visit my rules and see how I have done so far.
Work out every day. Not like going for a walk. Like legit exercise. I have a Peloton and weights in my garage.
- I have done 32 rides in that time span. About one every other day. I can do better than this.
- Still – its kind of fun to look at the numbers. I have been on the bike for 1,007 minutes – traveling 299.04 miles – while burning 13,725 calories.
Eat better. Have a general meal plan for the day and stick to it. Be consistent. My buddy recommended Quest products. The chips are decent enough to help with snack cravings.
- I have been eating better.
- Quest products don’t taste great – but do the job.
Don’t be socially weird because you are trying to be healthy. I don’t go out every night. When I do go out – I’m not going to ruin everyone’s time and not drink or eat happy hour food.
- Yup, easy. Still eating garbage and drinking when I go out.
No Coke. I love Coke. I do not need to drink it anymore.
- I have had Coke. It is still my favorite drink. I have had less of it at least.
No fast food, especially McDonald’s.
- Uhhhh, whoops. I’ve had McDonald’s three times. Worth it.
Hopefully I can keep this up – I will post another update after the holidays. Pretty happy with the progress I have made so far.