- Only five teams have played in the CFP Championship: Oregon, Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia.
- No #1 seed or #3 seed has ever won the college football playoff title.
- Oklahoma has the most appearances without reaching the title game (3). They are also the only team to represent the Big 12 in the playoff.
- All other Power 5 conferences have sent two members to the playoff.
- Only two teams have reached the CFP without winning their conference: Alabama (2017) and Ohio State (2016).
- Alabama (5), Clemson (4), Oklahoma (3) and Ohio State (2) are the only teams to appear in the playoff more than once.
The current rankings lead me to believe that we will have a couple CFP firsts:
- LSU can make their first CFP appearance.
- This will be the first year Alabama is not in the CFP.
- Utah and Baylor are in position to make their first CFP appearance – with some help.
- Clemson can tie Alabama for the most CFP appearances (5).
- Ohio State could be the first Big 10 team to snag the #1 seed.
That’s all for now. Let’s see how things play out this weekend before we get too far ahead of ourselves.
Some of us need to get back to our day job.